What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the 88Finds experience, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use 88Finds.
Information and content you provide.
- We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use 88Finds, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It can also include what you do and see through features we provide. Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide to analyze context.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about how you interact with features across 88Finds, such as communities you engage with.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use 88Finds, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you're using and have last used 88Finds, and what posts, videos and other content you view on 88Finds.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyze content, communications and information that other people provide when they use 88Finds. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
We collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with 88Finds, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of 88Finds on your phone to better personalize the content or features you see when you use 88Finds on another device, such as your laptop or tablet.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots)
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts you use, and Family Device IDs.
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed.
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
How do we use this information?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) to provide and support the 88Finds services. Here's how:
Provide, personalize and improve our Products.
We use the information we have to deliver 88Finds, including to personalize features and content and make suggestions for you on 88Finds. To create personalized experiences that are unique to you, we use your preferences, interests and activities based on the data we collect and learn from you and others; how you use and interact with 88Finds; and the people, places, or things you are connected to and interested in on 88Finds.
- Information across 88Finds and devices: We connect information about your activities on different devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on 88Finds. For example, we can suggest that you join a community that includes content you may find relevant.
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve 88Finds, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new features.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of 88Finds, and promote safety and security on 88Finds.
Communicate with you.
We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about 88Finds, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
People and accounts you share and communicate with
When you share and communicate using 88Finds, other users and businesses can see the content you create. Your network can also see actions you have taken on our 88Finds. This includes your 88Finds username; any information you share with a public audience; information in your public profile on 88Finds; and content you share in a community. You, other people using 88Finds, and we can provide access to or send public information to anyone on or off 88Finds. Public information can also be seen, accessed, reshared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs, and offline media such as TV, and by apps, websites and other services that integrate with 88Finds.
Content others share or reshare about you
You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on 88Finds can choose to share it with others on and off 88Finds, including people outside the audience you shared with. For example, when you share a post or send a message to specific communities or accounts, they can download, screenshot, or reshare that content to others across or off 88Finds or in person. Also, when you comment on someone else's post or react to their content, your comment or reaction is visible to anyone who can see the other person's content, and that person can change the audience later. People can also use 88Finds to create and share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people can share a photo of you in a community.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve 88Finds. Here are the types of third parties we share information with:
We share information about you with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports.
Vendors and service providers.
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how 88Finds is used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests.
How can I delete information about me?
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services, or until your account is deleted. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos and status updates, and you will not be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted. To delete your account at any time, please contact us at email@example.com to delete your account.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of 88Finds, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
Information we receive about you can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We will notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using 88Finds.
How to contact us with questions
If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us as described below.
ATTN: Privacy Operations
21 West 20th Street Floor 5
New York NY 10011