We want 88Finds to be an authentic and safe place for inspiration and expression. Post only your own photos and videos and always follow the law. 88Finds is a reflection of our diverse community of cultures, ages, and beliefs. We have spent a lot of time thinking about the different points of view that create a safe and open environment for everyone. We created the Community Guidelines so you can help us foster and protect this positive community.
By using 88Finds, you agree to these guidelines and all of our terms and policies. Overstepping these boundaries may result in deleted content or other restrictions.
- Share only photos and videos that you have taken or have the right to share. As always, you own the content you post on 88Finds. Remember to post authentic content, and do not post anything you have copied or you do not have the right to post.
- Post photos and videos that are appropriate for a diverse audience. We know that there are times when people might want to share nude images that are artistic or creative in nature, but for a variety of reasons, we do not allow nudity on 88Finds. This includes photos, videos, and some digitally-created content that show sexual intercourse, genitals, and close-ups of fully-nude buttocks. It also includes some photos of female nipples, but photos in the context of breastfeeding, birth giving and after-birth moments, health-related situations or an act of protest are allowed. People like to share photos or videos of their children. For safety reasons, there are times when we may remove images that show nude or partially-nude children. Even when this content is shared with good intentions, it could be used by others in unanticipated ways.
- Foster meaningful and genuine interactions. Help us stay spam-free by not artificially collecting likes, followers, or shares, posting repetitive comments or content, or repeatedly contacting people for commercial purposes without their consent. Do not offer money or giveaways of money in exchange for likes, followers, comments or other engagement. Do not post content that engages in, promotes, encourages, facilitates, or admits to the offering, solicitation or trade of fake and misleading user reviews or ratings. Do not impersonate others and do not create accounts for the purpose of violating our guidelines or misleading others.
- Follow the law. 88Finds is not a place to support or praise terrorism, organized crime, or hate groups. Offering sexual services, buying or selling firearms, alcohol, and tobacco products between private individuals, and buying or selling non-medical or pharmaceutical drugs are also not allowed. We also remove content that attempts to trade, co-ordinate the trade of, donate, gift, or ask for non-medical drugs, as well as content that either admits to personal use (unless in the recovery context) or coordinates or promotes the use of non-medical drugs. 88Finds also prohibits the sale of live animals between private individuals, though brick-and-mortar stores may offer these sales. No one may coordinate poaching or selling of endangered species or their parts. We have zero tolerance when it comes to sharing sexual content involving minors or threatening to post intimate images of others.
- Respect other members of the 88Finds community. We want to foster a positive, diverse community. We remove content that contains credible threats or hate speech, content that targets private individuals to degrade or shame them, personal information meant to blackmail or harass someone, and repeated unwanted messages. We do generally allow stronger conversation around people who are featured in the news or have a large public audience due to their profession or chosen activities. Do not encourage violence or attack anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities, or diseases. When hate speech is being shared to challenge it or to raise awareness, we may allow it. In those instances, we ask that you express your intent clearly. Serious threats of harm to public and personal safety are not allowed. This includes specific threats of physical harm as well as threats of theft, vandalism, and other financial harm. We carefully review reports of threats and consider many things when determining whether a threat is credible.
- Maintain our supportive environment by not glorifying self-injury. The 88Finds community cares for each other, and is often a place where people facing difficult issues such as eating disorders, cutting, or other kinds of self-injury come together to create awareness or find support. Encouraging or urging people to embrace self-injury is counter to this environment of support, and we will remove it and accounts if it is reported to us. We may also remove content identifying victims or survivors of self-injury if the content targets them for attack or humor.
- Be thoughtful when posting newsworthy events. We understand that many people use 88Finds to share important and newsworthy events. Some of these issues can involve graphic images. Because so many different people and age groups use 88Finds, we may remove videos of intense, graphic violence to make sure 88Finds stays appropriate for everyone. We understand that people often share this kind of content to condemn, raise awareness or educate. If you do share content for these reasons, we encourage you to caption your photo with a warning about graphic violence. Sharing graphic images for sadistic pleasure or to glorify violence is never allowed.
If you see something that you think may violate our guidelines, please help us by reporting it to email@example.com. We have a team that reviews these reports and works as quickly as possible to remove content that does not meet our guidelines. When you complete the report, try to provide as much information as possible, such as links, usernames, and descriptions of the content, so we can find and review it quickly. We may remove entire posts if either the imagery or associated captions violate our guidelines.